PSA is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s largest and fastest growing independent insurance firms. We specialize in employee benefits and risk management solutions. We are widely acknowledged as one of our industry’s most innovative and progressive agencies for our growth, talent and technology. The Personal Lines Account Manager position is based at our Hunt Valley headquarters where we have 140+ employees. PSA offers a competitive benefits plan, a beautiful facility, a fun and rewarding culture and opportunities for growth.
The Personal Lines Account Manager provides assistance to Account Executives in managing and servicing a book of business consisting of new and renewal personal lines business. They are responsible for building and maintaining relationships with clients and promoting the agency. Additionally, they provide in-house customer service to Account Executives and clients as assigned and requested.
- Market, service and promote the Agency’s products and services to develop and retain clients.
- Manage a designated group of clients including:
- Perform all account transactions including applications, quotations, ID cards, endorsements, binders, renewals, follow-up and correspondence using automated procedures.
- Check new and renewal policies, and endorsements for accuracy in rating, typing, coverages, signatures, and input these transactions. Generate billing invoices when required and ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Handle calls from both clients and carriers resolving issues and concerns for our clients.
- Actively manage account prior to renewal to identify concerns, external competition, exposure changes and additional coverage needs.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Maintain relationships with our clients by reviewing and recommending appropriate coverages.
- Round accounts by offering coverages client does not have when conversing with client.
- Assist clients through the renewal process and educate on policy/product features, advantages, and disadvantages.
- Develop and maintain strong knowledge of the marketplace:
- Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of current underwriting requirements of contracted insurance carriers.
- Maintain knowledge of policy provisions and any changes in those provisions.
- Participate in educational seminars/classes for improvement of insurance knowledge and skills.
- Remain current with changes in the insurance market.
- Maintain electronic and/or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
- Can be counted on to meet goals/deadlines successfully and is consistently a quality performer.
- Self-starter that performs duties independently with little to no supervision. Independent decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written, and presentation skills required.
- Thorough technical knowledge of personal insurance.
- Remains open and adaptive to change.
- Can be counted on to adhere to all policies including regular and consistent time and attendance. Can be counted on to occasionally work additional hours outside of those regularly established.
- Applies effort and energy to lifelong learning and continual growth. Approaches job with an attitude of learning and curiosity.
- Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Active Maryland Property/Casualty License to be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Insurance experience a plus.
- AMS 360 experience is a plus.
- 1-2 years’ direct experience in customer service required.
- Intermediate level MS Office skill set required.
- Ability to professionally interact with clients on the phone and in meetings.
- Must be self motivated with the ability to work independently.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.