PSA is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s largest and fastest growing independent insurance firms. We specialize in employee benefits and risk management solutions. We are widely acknowledged as one of our industry’s most innovative and progressive agencies for our growth, talent and technology. The Small Groups Account Manager position is based at our Hunt Valley headquarters where we have 140+ employees. PSA offers a competitive benefits plan, a beautiful facility, a fun and rewarding culture and opportunities for growth.
This exempt position reports to the VP of Select Business and provides assistance with handling and processing new and existing employee benefit plans in the 2-50 employee small group market. This position also provides marketing, data analysis, and presentation of fully-insured and self-insured employee benefit plans.
- Manage an assigned book of business comprised of clients with (2-50) employees with comprehensive benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, voluntary lines of business, and associated programs such as HSA, HRA, FSA, etc.
- Act as the point of contact for day to day client benefit issues
- Provide strategic, consultative support to producers, clients, and carriers; assisting with retention of existing accounts and prospects
- Obtain rate quotes using carrier/administrator systems and direct carrier quotes
- Populate carrier quotes into PSA proposal templates with quality and accuracy
- Supply benefit plan analysis consisting of plan designs, trends, and industry benchmarking
- Provide technical analysis of benefit plan data for delivery and review by the client
- Recommend applicable coverage as needed and act as the point of sale for current house accounts looking to expand benefits
- Provide payroll calculations and contribution models as needed for clients
- Conduct employee open enrollment meetings as needed
- Educate clients concerning the regulatory environment for small group businesses and assist with compliance issues as necessary
- Review booklets and contracts for accuracy prior to delivery to client
- Act as the owner of house account relationships, being responsible for their overall retention
- Maintain client information in BenefitPoint and other agency management systems
- Attend staff meetings; assists in training new staff
- Fulfill other duties as required
- Shows dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Clearly understands importance of due dates, timelines, and expectations to the clients
- Relates well to diverse populations; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
- Shows dependability for to successfully meeting goals; is a consistent, quality performer.
- Remains open and adaptable to change.
- Applies effort and energy to lifelong learning and continual growth. Approaches job with an attitude of learning and curiosity.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner so that relationships with clients, co-workers and supervisors are productive.
- Provides regularity by attending work consistently and punctually
- Adapts to innovation within an ever-changing industry
- 1-5 years benefits industry experience in similar position desired
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer skills, primarily with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint – as well as carrier/administrator systems.
- Strong research and problem solving skills required
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills required
- Must hold or obtain Maryland Life/Health license and maintain license while employed at PSA
- Works 90-95% of the time in the office, 5-10% on the road as needed
- Local travel only
- Job may require early morning, evening, or occasional weekend hours
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
PSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.