PSA is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s largest and fastest growing independent insurance firms. We specialize in employee benefits and risk management solutions. We are widely acknowledged as one of our industry’s most innovative and progressive agencies for our growth, talent and technology. This position is based at our Hunt Valley headquarters where we have 140+ employees. PSA offers a competitive benefits plan, a beautiful facility, a fun and rewarding culture and opportunities for growth.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Systems Manager is responsible for PSA’s corporate enterprise resource management systems and business analytics platforms, including overall quality and functionality of system performance, workflow management, and business analytics. This position functions as a systems expert regarding management of systems related initiatives, data flow and integration, data integrity, and business intelligence reporting. The Systems Strategist is an active member of the PSA Operations Team and works in collaboration with all business units, Systems Analysts, and the IT department to oversee the management and integration of the agency’s systems.
- Evaluate agency management system strategies, system functionality, workflow processes, and information flow, and propose enhancements as needed to improve efficiencies in support of each business unit’s requirements.
- Consult with internal and external subject matter experts to strategize on the development of new system modules, system functionality, and workflow processes to enhance user productivity.
- Evaluate and promote development of new system modules to enhance productivity and workflows to support each department’s business processes and to drive efficiencies within or between departments.
- Evaluate information flow processes and system interfaces to improve efficiencies and data integrity. Research, recommend, and oversee implementation of effective solutions as needed.
- Perform as Vertafore liaison to manage Vertafore system initiatives, quality, functionality, and pricing.
- Coordinate with Systems Analysts and Systems Coordinators to complete systems-related projects, initiatives, and administrative tasks.
- Oversee management of system updates to evaluate and determine appropriate initiatives and training as needed.
- Trouble-shoot system functionality and integration issues and oversee implementation of corrective actions to ensure end user productivity and data integrity is not obstructed.
- Document system procedures, best practice workflows and processes, and train staff accordingly.
- Oversee and monitor data integrity and develop action plans as needed to maintain system data quality.
- Assist departmental managers and Systems Analysts with holding staff accountable to system procedures and data integrity requirements.
- Evaluate business intelligence needs, and implement and maintain centralized business data analytics platform, interfaces, and reporting tools. Consult with external technology consultants as needed.
- Develop and maintain internal and external client value and business intelligence reports and dashboards. Manage report distribution and end user access to reports as required.
- Develop adhoc reports and conduct analyses as needed.
- Evaluate and present ROI opportunities and initiatives to Managers and Leadership for agency management and other systems, data analytics, document storage, project management, and workflow technologies.
- Lead Management Round Table discussions in order to identify, prioritize and align initiatives with departmental and corporate goals and timelines.
- Evaluate ROI and oversee procedure development to outsource system administration tasks versus managing tasks internally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Business Administration/Business Analysis or related discipline plus minimum of 5-7 years’ experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate information systems, processes, and data flow to meet business needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve, propose, and implement effective solutions
- Proven initiative and self-starter attributes
- Process improvement and workflow documentation experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize and perform work activities to work efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex projects effectively
- Ability to plan work, lead, and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills and database management knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of AMS 360, Benefit Point, and other Vertafore or insurance information systems, and/or SalesForce is a plus
- Data warehouse and reporting software experience, aggregating business intelligence data into purposeful managerial reports is a plus
- Sql and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is a plus
- Strategic thinker
- Smart — intellectually curious
- Listens well
- High energy, upbeat
- Strong data management acumen
- Project management skills
- Ability to think in multi-dimensional complex terms
- Ability to be “hands-on” and be tactical
- Results oriented – make-it-happen sense of urgency
- Values relationships – a collaborator – team oriented
- Ability to get into the details – involved in the business
- Winning attitude – passionate
- Can be relied upon for consistent time and attendance
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
PSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.