Wealth Management Advisor
Julie Finney is a Financial Advisor with over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry. She has earned the CFP® certification (Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner), CRPC® (Charter Retirement Planning Counselor) designation, and the FLMI designation (Fellow, Life Management Institute). Her areas of expertise include comprehensive financial planning, retirement planning, education planning, investments, insurance and estate planning.
For ten years, Julie was one of the co-hosts of the popular radio show, Planning Pays, which aired each Saturday morning at 9 am on AM680 WCBM. She also co-hosted a television show about senior issues called Golden Opportunities on FOX 45. She has conducted seminars on such topics as The Pillars of Protection in Retirement Planning, Long Term Care Planning, Retirement Distribution Planning, The Art & Science of Creating a Comfortable Portfolio, Preserving Your Estate, Women & Money, and many more.
In addition to ongoing educational requirements for the CFP® certification, Julie enhances her professionalism by her active involvement in the Financial Planning Association of Maryland, Society of Financial Services Professionals, and the Maryland Institute College of Art Planned Giving Advisory Council.
Business/Customer Service Philosophy
“My mission is to help my clients achieve their goals and dreams through education, planning, and taking the action necessary to become financially secure. My professional responsibility is to provide services to clients with integrity, objectivity, competence, fairness, confidentiality, professionalism and diligence.”
Five Star Wealth Manager
Five Star Professional, as a third-party research firm, identified pre-qualified award candidates based on industry data and contacted all identified broker dealers, Registered Investment Advisor firms and FINRA-registered representatives in the Baltimore area including Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, Howard, Frederick, Montgomery and Prince Georges counties in the state of Maryland to gather wealth manager nominations. Self nominations were not accepted. Award candidates were then evaluated against 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria associated with wealth managers who provide quality services to their clients such as client retention rates, client assets administered, firm review and a favorable regulatory and complaint history. Five Star Professional finalized the list of 2015 Five Star Wealth Managers to be no more than 7 percent of the wealth managers in the area.
Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2015 Five Star Wealth Managers.
- The Five Star award is not indicative of the wealth manager’s future performance.
- Wealth managers may or may not use discretion in their practice and therefore may not manage their clients’ assets.
- The inclusion of a wealth manager on the list should not be construed as an endorsement of the wealth manager by Five Star Professional or Baltimore magazine.
- Working with a Five Star Wealth Manager or any wealth manager is no guarantee as to future investment success, nor is there any guarantee that the selected wealth managers will be awarded this accomplishment by Five Star Professional in the future.
- For more information on the Five Star award and the research/selection methodology, go to www.fivestarprofessional.com