Provide strategic and tactical consulting and account management support on an assigned book of business; build and maintain strong internal, client, and carrier relationships; create and execute account plans; and develop cross-sale opportunities within the assigned client base.
- Prepare Annual Service Plans for clients. Meet with clients quarterly or as necessary.
- Serve as primary liaison between internal departments, carriers, and clients. Under direction, serve as the primary technical advisor to clients on all group insurance issues.
- Interface effectively and confidently with senior management of clients and/or prospects, representing the insurance company in the highest professional manner.
- Oversee renewals and marketing efforts. May take lead role in carrier selection and/or financial negotiations.
- Understands carriers’ and TPA’s processes and procedures
- Oversee/approve all vendor, plan design, and financial recommendation, in concert with senior consultant and/or underwriter.
- Prepare implementation schedule.
- Review drafts of all employee communication pieces.
- Review and sign-off on all agreements and/or documents (employee booklets, carrier contracts, etc.)
- Collaborate with the other members of the Account team in preparation of plan reporting, quarterly client meetings, and annual renewals.
- Quoting for new business & renewals, balancing plan design & negotiating price to meet client needs/specifications and explaining results clearly to clients.
- Schedule and lead client meetings. Conduct enrollment meetings as necessary.
- Create opportunities for cross-selling of other PSA solutions to assigned clients.
- Utilize BenefitPoint and other internal systems for optimal management of deliverables for all assigned clients.
- Delegate work appropriately and provide strong technical and non-technical leadership.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with insurance carriers and administrators to generate optimal results for clients (competitive costs, competitive renewals, expedient problem resolution, etc.)
- Attend appropriate industry functions and participate in relevant industry training.
- Participates in continuing education to maintain Health and Life license.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of insurance coverages and markets.
- Communicate with associates, clients, and carriers in a positive manner. Set an example as a leader in the Department.
- Prepare written correspondence, reports, and analyses as needed.
- Help manage profitability at both the client and book-of-business levels.
- Assume special projects as necessary
- Working knowledge of federal and state legislation and legal issues related to the insurance industry required.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have the ability to prepare and present client presentations with clarity and understanding.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Strong knowledge of underwriting, financing, and funding approaches required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and effectiveness in insurance industry by successful completion of extended insurance education beyond continuing education requirements for licensing.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines required.
- Must have the ability to compile, analyze, and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field preferred, or equivalent experience in the insurance industry required.
- Experience in employee benefits, human resources, and/or account management required.
- Must currently hold a Maryland life and health insurance producer license and retain the license by meeting the continuing education requirements, or be willing to obtain this license within 60 days of hire.
- Must have a firm working knowledge of group benefits in multiple product lines (i.e., medical, dental, life, AD&D, disability), self-funding arrangements, and a basic understanding of risk management.
- Must have the ability to travel as needed.
PSA is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s largest and fastest growing independent insurance consultants. We specialize in employee benefits and risk management solutions. We are widely acknowledged as one of our industry’s most innovative and progressive agencies for our growth, talent and technology. The Associate Account Executive position is based at our Hunt Valley headquarters where we have 140+ employees. PSA offers a competitive benefits plan, a beautiful facility, a fun and rewarding culture and opportunities for growth.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
PSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.