PSA is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s largest and fastest growing independent insurance firms. We specialize in employee benefits and risk management solutions. We are widely acknowledged as one of our industry’s most innovative and progressive agencies for our growth, talent and technology. The Commercial Lines Marketing & Program Account Manager position is based at our Hunt Valley headquarters where we have 140+ employees. PSA offers a competitive benefits plan, a beautiful facility, a fun and rewarding culture and opportunities for growth.
Providing our prospects and clients with an excellent customer service experience, is very important to us. Our Commercial Lines team is responsible for delivering fast, friendly and accurate service for our clients. You will be required to coordinate proactive account marketing, follow department procedures, and maximize the use of our agency management system and other technology. It is important that the successful candidate embraces our philosophies and is able to identify and seek out opportunities to enhance the experience with clients and fellow team members.
- Promptly respond to Account Executives, prospects and clients, and questions on a daily basis.
- Maintain consistent and continuous communication with new clients to provide needed information, creative solutions, and resolution of issues.
- Market commercial lines accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing our E&O exposures.
- Work with Account Executives to market and place new business. This includes:
- Coordinate the submission and placement of new accounts
- Reviewing client exposures and presenting solutions and alternative options within their insurance program
- Review of carrier quotes and creation of proposals
- Check new policies for accuracy
- Issue binders, ID cards, certificates
- Create and maintain client files on agency and document management system.
- Keep abreast of all new developments in the insurance market through periodicals, seminars, membership organizations and carrier meetings. Communicate underwriting information on companies and programs with the Commercial Lines Department.
- Work with administrative and management teams to optimize/delegate workflows to improve client experience.
- Participate in continuing education to maintain a Property & Casualty License.
- Assume special projects as necessary and any other responsibilities assigned.
The successful candidate learns quickly, is organized, is highly motivated, pays attention to detail and is able manage multiple projects at the same time. Other qualifications include:
- Knowledge and use of MS Office Professional programs (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as part of a team in a sales environment.
- Computer literacy for correspondence, data entry, e-mail, Internet, Carrier websites, spreadsheets and accessing data from company systems.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, speaking and writing).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and creativity for developing innovative and customized client solutions.
- Exceptional relationship development skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to execute effectively.
- Outside the box thinking.
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Property Casualty License required. Minimum of 2 years’ experience servicing and placing Commercial Lines accounts.
- Insurance industry designations preferred
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
PSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.