Provide strategic and tactical consulting and account management support on an assigned book of business; build and maintain strong internal, client, and carrier relationships; create and execute account plans; and develop cross-sale opportunities within the assigned client base.
- Prepare Annual Service Plans for clients in concert with Senior Consultant. Meet with clients quarterly or as necessary.
- Serve as primary liaison between internal departments, carriers, and clients. Under direction, serve as the primary technical advisor to clients on all group insurance issues.
- Interface effectively and confidently with senior management of clients and/or prospects, representing the insurance company in the highest professional manner.
- Assist Senior Consultant to oversee renewals and marketing timelines.
- Oversee/approve all vendor, plan design, and financial recommendations, in concert with Senior Consultant and/or Benefits Analyst.
- Prepare implementation schedule and manage vendor and/or plan implementations.
- Review drafts of all employee communication pieces.
- Review and sign-off on all agreements and/or documents (employee booklets, carrier contracts, Summary Plan Descriptions, etc.).
- Schedule and lead client meetings in concert with Senior Consultant.
- Collaborate with client account team members to prepare annual pre-renewal, renewal, claims review, open enrollment, and other client meetings as required.
- Coordinate open enrollment meetings and communications and conduct enrollment meetings as necessary.
- Create opportunities for cross-selling of other PSA solutions to assigned clients.
- Utilize BenefitPoint and other internal systems for optimal management of deliverables for all assigned clients.
- Manage client teams and relationships within teams effectively.
- Delegate work appropriately and provide strong technical and non-technical leadership.
- Provide appropriate training and development for other client managers.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with insurance carriers and administrators to generate optimal results for clients (competitive costs, competitive renewals, expedient problem resolution, including escalated employee issue resolution, etc.).
- Direct/assign special projects for clients as needed.
- Attend appropriate industry functions and participate in relevant industry training.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of insurance coverages and markets.
- Communicate with associates, clients, and carriers in a positive manner. Set an example as a leader in the Department.
- Prepare written correspondence, reports, and analyses as needed.
- Help manage profitability at both the client and book-of-business levels.
- Working knowledge of federal and state legislation and legal issues related to the insurance industry required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written is required.
- Mathematical aptitude and attention to detail required.
- Must have the ability to prepare and present client presentations with clarity and understanding.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Knowledge of underwriting, financing, and funding approaches required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and effectiveness in insurance industry by successful completion of extended insurance education beyond continuing education requirements for licensing.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines required.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives required.
- Knowledge of benefits administration/enrollment systems and processes required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field preferred, or equivalent experience in the insurance industry required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in employee benefits, human resources, and/or account management.
- Must currently hold a Maryland life and health insurance producer license and retain the license by meeting the continuing education requirements, or be willing to obtain this license within 60 days of hire.
- Must have a firm working knowledge of group benefits in multiple product lines (i.e., medical, dental, life, AD&D, disability), self-funding arrangements, and a basic understanding of risk management.
- Must have the ability to travel as needed.
Qualified applicants should contact Tara at firstname.lastname@example.org.