This exempt position reports to the VP of Select Business and provides assistance with handling and processing new and existing employee benefit plans in the 2-50 employee small group market. This position also provides marketing, data analysis, and presentation of fully-insured and self-insured employee benefit plans.
• Manage an assigned book of business comprised of clients with (2-50) employees with comprehensive benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, voluntary lines of business, and associated programs such as HSA, HRA, FSA, etc.
• Act as the point of contact for day to day client benefit issues
• Provide strategic, consultative support to producers, clients, and carriers; assisting with retention of existing accounts and prospects
• Obtain rate quotes using carrier/administrator systems and direct carrier quotes
• Populate carrier quotes into PSA proposal templates with quality and accuracy
• Supply benefit plan analysis consisting of plan designs, trends, and industry benchmarking
• Provide technical analysis of benefit plan data for delivery and review by the client
• Recommend applicable coverage as needed and act as the point of sale for current house accounts looking to expand benefits
• Provide payroll calculations and contribution models as needed for clients
• Conduct employee open enrollment meetings as needed
• Educate clients concerning the regulatory environment for small group businesses and assist with compliance issues as necessary
• Review booklets and contracts for accuracy prior to delivery to client
• Act as the owner of house account relationships, being responsible for their overall retention
• Maintain client information in BenefitPoint and other agency management systems
• Attend staff meetings; assists in training new staff
• Fulfill other duties as required
• Shows dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Clearly understands importance of due dates, timelines, and expectations to the clients
• Relates well to diverse populations; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact.
• Shows dependability for to successfully meeting goals; is a consistent, quality performer.
• Remains open and adaptable to change.
• Applies effort and energy to lifelong learning and continual growth. Approaches job with an attitude of learning and curiosity.
• Maintains a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner so that relationships with clients, co-workers and supervisors are productive.
• Provides regularity by attending work consistently and punctually
• Adapts to innovation within an ever-changing industry
• 1-5 years benefits industry experience in similar position desired
• Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent computer skills, primarily with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint – as well as carrier/administrator systems.
• Strong research and problem solving skills required
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills required
• Must hold or obtain Maryland Life/Health license and maintain license while employed at PSA
• Works 90-95% of the time in the office, 5-10% on the road as needed
• Local travel only
• Job may require early morning, evening, or occasional weekend hours
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.