Reporting to the VP, Employee Benefits Operations, the Systems Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining the Employee Benefits agency management, document storage, and workflow management systems. This position functions as a systems expert regarding data integrity, systems updates, integration, and maintaining business intelligent reports. The Systems Analyst is an active member of the PSA Employee Benefits division and works in collaboration with other departmental systems administrators and the IT department to oversee the management and integrations of the agency’s systems.
- Evaluate existing agency management system set-up, processes, and information flow and propose enhancements as needed to improve efficiencies in support of each team’s business requirements.
- Promote development of system modules to enhance productivity and to support each department’s business processes.
- Consult with internal and external subject matter experts to develop system modules and functionality, processes, and work flows for user productivity.
- Maintain system updates, developing or modifying procedures impacted by new releases/updates. Notify and/or train users accordingly.
- Evaluate information flow processes and system interfaces as needed to improve efficiencies, reducing staff time spent on manual workarounds and duplicate data entry/manipulation.
- Propose workflow improvements to drive efficiencies within or between departments.
- Proactively identify system and data flow issues. Research, recommend, and oversee implementation of effective solutions.
- Trouble-shoot system functionality and integration issues through to resolution to ensure end user productivity is not obstructed.
- Document system best practice workflows and processes and train staff accordingly.
- Develop audit reports/process to track and report data accuracy and implement corrective actions as needed to ensure data integrity.
- Develop and maintain basic business intelligence reporting for managers and staff as needed; provide and train staff on accessing and running subscription reports.
- Oversee administrative tasks performed by departmental Systems Coordinator relating to departmental systems administration processes.
- Project management of business system and process improvement projects, as needed
- Assist managers and Systems Coordinator with holding staff accountable to system procedures and data integrity requirements.
- Evaluate and present ROI to VP Operations and Leadership for systems and process improvement technologies.
- Participate with peers in Management Round Table discussions in order to prioritize and align initiatives with departmental and corporate goals.
- Evaluate ROI to outsource system administration tasks versus managing tasks internally; document process and train offshore partner as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or Business Administration/Business Analysis or related
discipline plus minimum of 1-3 years experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate information systems, processes, and data flow to meet business
needs and make appropriate recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve and propose effective solutions
- Proven initiative and self-starter attributes
- Process improvement and work flow documentation experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize and perform work activities to work efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex projects effectively
- Ability to plan work, lead, and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills and database management knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of Benefit Point or other Vertafore or insurance information systems is a plus
- Reporting software experience, aggregating business intelligence data into purposeful managerial
reports and summaries is a plus
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) a plus
- Listens well
- High energy, upbeat
- Smart — intellectually curious
- Strong data management acumen
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to think in multi-dimensional complex terms
- Ability to be “hands-on” and be tactical
- Results oriented – make-it-happen sense of urgency
- Values relationships – a collaborator – team oriented
- Ability to get into the details – involved in the business
- Inspires trust
- Winning attitude – passionate
- Can be relied upon for consistent time and attendance
Qualified applicants should contact Tara at email@example.com.