Population Health Consultant
Rachel serves as Population Health Consultant and brings nearly a decade of analytics and insurance experience to PSA. She partners closely with PSA’s Health Risk Management clinical team and the Senior Benefits Consultants to develop data-driven healthcare cost mitigation strategies that target emerging risk, improve plan utilization, and provide better health outcomes. Rachel’s extensive experience in population health and financial analytics allows PSA to provide a multipronged, long-term cost containment solution that includes the following:
- Educate clients about their population health data
- Analyze demographic risks and cost driving cohorts
- Identify medical and pharmacy savings opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities to encourage cost effective utilization behaviors
- Track impact of plan design changes and/or programs implemented
- Actively monitor for changes in population health trends
- Utilize population health data to assist with renewal negotiations
Prior to PSA, she served as a Senior Underwriting Consultant and Manager of the Mid-Atlantic Financial Analytics Team at NFP providing renewal negotiation, budget development, claims analysis, and data audit support to clients and Benefits Consultants. She additionally assisted NFP’s Actuarial Team with renewal projections, IBNR analyses, and evaluating self-funded options for fully insured clients.
Rachel also worked as a Project Manager for CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield partnering with Data & Informatics to develop their population health analytics platform and providing data analytics education and reporting support to external consulting partners.
Rachel completed her Bachelor of Business Administration and her MBA from Loyola University Maryland and is a member of the AACSB-accredited Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honor Society. She also holds Life and Health Insurance License.