The insurance industry is an exciting and ever-changing world filled with emerging risks and solutions. Technological innovation, digitization, societal, health and political changes are just some of the factors that impact insurance and shape its future.
PSA is a leading insurance and risk management brokerage in the Mid-Atlantic region, dedicated to partnering with our clients no matter what challenges they face. We offer innovative custom solutions, which is why we also encourage creative thinking and welcome new insights from all bright minds. We also believe in investing in our community to nurture the next generation of leaders who will shape the insurance industry.
That’s why we’re offering a scholarship to students to encourage them to share their vision of what’s next in the insurance and risk management field.
Winning articles will be published on our website.
Every 6 months, $500 will be awarded to one student who submits an article in one of the topics below.
Who Can Apply?
Undergraduate and graduate students can apply for the scholarship. They must be enrolled at an accredited college, university, or graduate school and have proof of enrollment.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- Write an article of 1000 or more words discussing the future of insurance. These are just some topic ideas to get you thinking:
- What is the future of [pick a type of insurance]? (Employee benefits plans, personal insurance (e.g. auto, home, life, long-term disability…etc.), commercial insurance (e.g. cyber insurance, commercial property, business interruption, workers’ compensation, liability insurance…etc.), or risk and safety management regarding workers’ safety at work.
- How socio-economic changes will impact insurance?
- The future of insurance in a post-pandemic world
- How will technological innovation (such as AI, autonomous/self-driving vehicles, digitization, leveraging big data) impact insurance?
- How can the insurance industry adapt to customer needs, deepen existing relationships and broaden consumer engagement in the post-pandemic world?
- Essay submissions open February 1st and close July 31st.
- All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in the form of a .doc file.
- Please write “Scholarship Article Submission” in the subject line of your email.
- Applicants should include their full name, university name, phone number, and email address along with the submission.
- Your article must be original. Non-original articles will be immediately disqualified.
- We will judge your writing based on how well it is written, which includes critical thinking, deductive reasoning, and using facts and evidence from highly-credible sources to support your arguments. Please cite your sources.
- The winner will be announced by August 31st and notified via email. They will be required to fill out a W9 prior to receiving the scholarship.
Applicants’ personal information will not be shared and is for internal use only.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.