PSA is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s largest and fastest growing independent insurance firms. We specialize in employee benefits and risk management solutions. We are widely acknowledged as one of our industry’s most innovative and progressive agencies for our growth, talent and technology. The Client Manager position is based at our Hunt Valley headquarters where we have 140+ employees. PSA offers a competitive benefits plan, a beautiful facility, a fun and rewarding culture and opportunities for growth.
Provide strategic and tactical consulting and account management support on an assigned book of business; build and maintain strong internal, client, and carrier relationships; create and execute account plans; and develop cross-sale opportunities within the assigned client base.
- Prepare Annual Service Plans for clients in concert with Senior Consultant. Meet with clients quarterly or as necessary.
- Serve as primary liaison between internal departments, carriers, and clients. Under direction, serve as the primary technical advisor to clients on all group insurance issues.
- Interface effectively and confidently with senior management of clients and/or prospects, representing the insurance company in the highest professional manner.
- Assist Senior Consultant to oversee renewals and marketing timelines.
- Oversee/approve all vendor, plan design, and financial recommendations, in concert with Senior Consultant and/or Benefits Analyst.
- Prepare implementation schedule and manage vendor and/or plan implementations.
- Review drafts of all employee communication pieces.
- Review and sign-off on all agreements and/or documents (employee booklets, carrier contracts, Summary Plan Descriptions, etc.).
- Schedule and lead client meetings in concert with Senior Consultant.
- Collaborate with client account team members to prepare annual pre-renewal, renewal, claims review, open enrollment, and other client meetings as required.
- Coordinate open enrollment meetings and communications and conduct enrollment meetings as necessary.
- Create opportunities for cross-selling of other PSA solutions to assigned clients.
- Utilize BenefitPoint and other internal systems for optimal management of deliverables for all assigned clients.
- Manage client teams and relationships within teams effectively.
- Delegate work appropriately and provide strong technical and non-technical leadership.
- Provide appropriate training and development for other client managers.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with insurance carriers and administrators to generate optimal results for clients (competitive costs, competitive renewals, expedient problem resolution, including escalated employee issue resolution, etc.).
- Direct/assign special projects for clients as needed.
- Attend appropriate industry functions and participate in relevant industry training.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of insurance coverages and markets.
- Communicate with associates, clients, and carriers in a positive manner. Set an example as a leader in the Department.
- Prepare written correspondence, reports, and analyses as needed.
- Help manage profitability at both the client and book-of-business levels.
- Working knowledge of federal and state legislation and legal issues related to the insurance industry required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written is required.
- Mathematical aptitude and attention to detail required.
- Must have the ability to prepare and present client presentations with clarity and understanding.
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills, with the ability to develop sound relationships with multiple clients.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Knowledge of underwriting, financing, and funding approaches required.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Willingness to expand knowledge and effectiveness in insurance industry by successful completion of extended insurance education beyond continuing education requirements for licensing.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines required.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making.
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives required.
- Knowledge of benefits administration/enrollment systems and processes required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field preferred, or equivalent experience in the insurance industry required.
- Experience in employee benefits, human resources, and/or account management required.
- Must currently hold a Maryland life and health insurance producer license and retain the license by meeting the continuing education requirements, or be willing to obtain this license within 60 days of hire.
- Must have a firm working knowledge of group benefits in multiple product lines (i.e., medical, dental, life, AD&D, disability), self-funding arrangements, and a basic understanding of risk management.
- Must have the ability to travel as needed.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.