PSA is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s largest and fastest growing independent consulting and insurance firms. We specialize in HR, employee benefits and risk management solutions. We are widely acknowledged as one of our industry’s most innovative and progressive agencies for our growth, talent and technology. The Channel Sales Manager position is based at our Hunt Valley headquarters where we have 140+ employees. PSA offers a competitive benefits plan, a beautiful facility, a fun and rewarding culture and opportunities for growth.
Reporting to the Manager, Benefits Analytics, the Healthcare Data Analyst is responsible for managing and maintaining PSA’s healthcare data analytics platform and developing and maintaining reports and dashboards used for client financial reporting and claims review presentations. This position functions as a data analytics expert regarding healthcare claims reporting and analysis.
The Healthcare Data Analyst is an active member of the PSA Employee Benefits team and works in tandem with Benefit Analysts and Consultants to oversee the healthcare data analytics platform and
• Collaborate with Benefits Consulting, Analytics, and Clinical Management Teams, Team Leaders, and/or other internal and external subject matter experts to determine optimal and appropriate user
groups, user permission, reporting bundles, required dashboards, cohorts, and other platform or reporting setup and needs.
• Manage PSA’s healthcare data analytics platform, including, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Manage user and user group setup and permissions.
- Oversee implementation of new groups onto platform.
- Validate initial group and ongoing data quality accuracy within tolerance levels.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve data integrity issues as needed.
- Develop and manage report bundles.
- Develop and maintain new reports, dashboards, and cohorts as needed.
- Run adhoc queries, reports, drilldowns, and cohorts, as needed and upon request from Consulting and Clinical teams.
• Develop, document, and manage procedures regarding platform usage in above areas.
• Train internal and external users on system functionality based on user function and permissions.
• Evaluate, develop and/or modify procedures, reports, and/or dashboards impacted by new releases/updates. Notify and train internal and external train end users accordingly.
• Operate as healthcare data analytics expert to interpret and present reports, data, and/or analytical results and communicate to or train Consultants, Benefit Analysts, and assist Clinical Team.
• Operate as thought leader to propose and develop new reports, dashboards, report bundles, cohorts, and case studies to support and promote PSA employee benefits practices.
• Present data analytics platform and/or results to clients and prospects.
• Assist with other Employee Benefits Department opportunities to enhance automation, including:
- Evaluate Employee Benefits and Analytics Team processes to identify automation opportunities regarding the aggregation and flow of client data required for renewal and other client projects, processes, and/or analyses.
- Propose and assist with or develop tools to support automation and efficiencies.
- Evaluate existing business intelligence analytics and reporting tools.
- Propose optimal systems/software and/or reporting tools to support corporate and departmental business intelligence and client reporting needs.
- Assist with development of internal business intelligence and external client reports and provide data analytics/reports to support corporate and departmental business decisions.
• Participate with peers in Management Round Table discussions in order to prioritize and align initiatives with departmental and corporate goals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Analysis, Information Systems or related discipline plus minimum of 3-5 years experience preferred
• Working knowledge of information systems, databases, report development, data aggregation, extraction, and manipulation techniques, interfaces, and research methods
• Strong analytical and computation skills and familiarity with statistical methodologies and automation techniques for analytic tasks
• Ability and willingness to master new software, reporting and analytics tools
• Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot, problem solve, and propose effective solutions
• Proven initiative and self-starter attributes
• Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
• Process development and process improvement abilities
• Knowledge of and managed healthcare and predictive modeling a plus
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with various levels within the organization
• Ability to communicate and present analysis results with a variety of internal and external audiences, both written and verbally
• Advanced query skills and ability to interpret complex data from multiple data sources and develop findings and recommendations
• Demonstrated ability to independently plan work, organize, and perform activities to work efficiently, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively
• Ability to lead and motivate others
• VBA, SQL, Python, PowerBI, Tableau, and/or other analytics tools and query language a plus
• Listens well
• High energy, upbeat
• Smart — intellectually curious
• Strong data management acumen
• Strategic thinker
• Ability to think in multi-dimensional complex terms
• Ability to be “hands-on” and be tactical
• Results oriented – make-it-happen sense of urgency
• Values relationships – a collaborator – team oriented
• Ability to get into the details – involved in the business
• Inspires trust
• Winning attitude – passionate
• Can be relied upon for consistent time and attendance
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.
PSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.